Thursday, April 28, 2022

Grey Decisions Gray Decisions

Here's Safe At Home up on the design wall after having completed all the grey area quilting. (ooh that would be a great quilt business name! ™™™)
By hanging this up on the wall, I was able to see which if any areas need quilting. I think this is ok on this block because the grey is dispersed through the block.
This, however is much too saggy looking to me, It' too much unquilted real estate.  I will outline some of the rectangles, almost stitching in the ditch.
These yellow centers are a bit on the edge. I think I'll extend the lines of the star edges to make a bit of a net across the yellow, but I won't quilt the star points. I like how they pop off the background being unquilted.
 


2 comments:

Jaye said...

It's interesting how you quilted the grey first. I like the idea of putting the quilt up on the design wall to see how the quilting is working. Great job!!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It is funny, I just didn't want to do a lot of thread color changes, so I started there. I've found that it's easier to see the 3-d depth of the quilting when it's vertical on the design wall.