Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Daily Pages on Day One


 I've been using DayOne (the Classic version) for journaling for ages now. I switched over after a few years off of journalling because of my hand issues post the two finger surgeries. I really missed the act of writing about everything going on. After getting over not being to physically write that much at a a time, I recognized that typing was still doable for me. I found the Day One program to be very easy to use and I just got used to using it regularly, even though I truly still miss scrawling out page after page of Daily Pages a la The Artist's Way. 


One of the nice things about Day One was the built in ease of taking a picture using my laptop webcam within the journalling program. It was very convenient to use. I would either take a selfie, or if I was writing outside, I'd take a picture of the view. But with my new laptop, for some reason, that functionality isn't there any longer. I spent a lot of time investigating it, no, way too much time. I think I probably need to buy one of the newer versions, but nah.


The program will still let me add a picture that already exists, so I've just been using the Photo Booth app that comes with the laptop before I start writing. And there are special effects available, so I've been playing around with them. At least I'm still journaling, that's the most important part to me. 

The very definition of a First World Problem right?

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Well, maybe a First World Problem, but also very important. At least journalling is very important to me. It keeps me from living in my head too much and focusing on the wrong things or worrying. I think the fact that you are still journalling is amazing. I have been sad about not being able to add photos to my journal. I have thought of getting one of those Bluetooth mini-printers, but haven't done it yet. Maybe someday.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It might be a problem, but at least it was one I found an easy enough work around so that it didn't stop me from journalling. I've seen those little mini printers, they look like they'd be a pretty good solution for hard copy journalling.