Thursday, March 24, 2022

Time for Replacements



 I'm finally starting in on making some replacement outdoor cushions for our deck swing and for my mom's out door bench. This is my cutting out diagram for the foam that will hopefully actually work.

I've had this full size bed sized memory foam mattress topper for ages, it was bought expressly for this purpose. But it's been taking up a chunk of real estate in my workroom, but now it's opened up and the foam is slowly spreading out on the deck and will soon be ready to cut up. 


I think it's remembering!

It's almost there, c'mon remember your size...

While I'm waiting for the foam to finish stretching itself out, here's what will be covering it. The outdoor fabric I have is this, bought from fabric.com ages ago. It is some sort of Sunbrella type stuff, I think so? And I also have outdoor sewing thread too. It's supposedly treated with something that's going to resist rotting in the sunshine.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

You are a brave soul! This is something I can't envision in my head. I know I could do it, but I would need some guidance. Good luck!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It's just like making a bag in a way, but with something inside of it!