Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Back Stitches


Today has been a day of hand stitching labels and hanging sleeves. 

I'm trying to store completed quilts and they don't count as completed until they're labeled and ready to hang. 

As I was sewing on various quilts from various eras, I was struck by the pretty wild fabrics I use for backs and labels. 

Since these are going on the wall and will rarely be seen or touched, to me, I just don't see the point of using nice or wonderful or expensive fabrics. Some of the fabric is FabMo sourced, or from back when I used to buy $2 a yard bargains from fabric.com.

But sometimes, I use nice fabric just because it's what I happen to have on hand. 


Or rarely for art quilts, I make a back with some of the "good" fabric that's on the front of the quilt.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Store quilts?? You mean putting them away for later or what?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, rolling them up in storage bags in the quilt closet.