Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Cushion Cutting

Welp, I've gone in on cutting the first of the outdoor fabric for one of the cushions I'm making. It was much easier than cutting the foam, well it involved a whole lot less knives and only a rotary cutter. This first one is going to be for a garden bench that my mom has. The original cushion it came with is pretty much done in and just not worth having on the bench. This is going to be super deluxe in comparison. It will likely look a bit wonky, but it'll be much more comfy and inviting.

 So far so good. The fabric is easy to cut and sew and handle, it's not too stiff or ravelly. The outdoor thread I'm using is so thick that the auto thread cutter on my machine is balking a bit at cutting through it, so I have to remember to not automatically push that button and cut it myself with scissors. It's harder than you'd think to not automatically do that!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

You are a good daughter!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I keep trying1