Monday, March 07, 2022

Instagram Quilt Fest

I’ve been participating in the Instagram Quilt Fest this month. There’s a daily prompt and then people share pictures and an answer of some sort. It’s all over the map, there’s some advertising, and also some interesting quilters to discover and maybe follow. You can follow the #️⃣ at #IgQuiltFest2022 and check out the influx of new QUILTY content.

 I posted about this quilt from 2003 “I Guess I Like Pink After All.” It’s so striking to me how “modern quilt” it is, if it wasn’t made with my hand-dyes, but commercial solids instead it would fit right in. It’s also obvious to me just how little I’ve changed my approach to improv construction.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Have you thought of remaking it? Kind of a 2022 version?

I love that quilt!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Oooh, I'll have to think about that one. It would be fun to try and make a pattern in EQ8.