Saturday, March 05, 2022

B/W Baby Back


 


The backing fabric I chose for the black/white baby quilt is this great alphabet flannel.

But unfortunately the quilt turned out to be more than a couple inches too wide for the flannel which shrunk up a lot after being washed and dried. I think it was just barely going to work before I preached everything. I always forget how much flannel shrinks.

That meant it was time to do some cutting and rearranging. This is what I came up with. I had four extra HST from the front. I sewed those together and then added a square from the layer cake assortment to the top and bottom. I think it works out pretty well visually. Sure the letters are going two different directions, but that couldn't be helped. I can also write the label on the white part of the HST. I like how the busy black/white print blends in so well with the alphabet flannel.

Now to do some quilt sandwiching.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Looks great! Wonderful problem solving and you are making fantastic progress.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks, problem solving isn't always fun, but this time it worked out.