Friday, March 25, 2022

Final? Quilty

 




The final Quilty Box has arrived, at least while they're on hiatus. I hope that they can come back, but I completely understand why they'd take a pause. It would be pretty impossible to coordinate a subscription box like this when you can't depend at all on whether the fabrics are going to show up in time to cut them up and box them to send out. Much less the right ones that go with the printed pattern book that's included!

Unruly Nature, what a great name for a fabric line. This is from designer Jen Hewett for Ruby Star Society. What a nice range of prints in interesting color choices.

Next time I have to use a seam ripper, I'll try this new one out. It's supposedly "ergonomic" so we'll see. The Seams lotion is quite lovely, it smells good and soaks right in. 


I didn't notice right away but the fabric has little bits of copper metallic. It's very nice and subtly eye-catching.
I wonder how the metallic accents will hold up to repeated washing?

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I think they need to rethink the project business. Perhaps providing a pattern that is dependent on certain fabrics isn't sustainable? I also think that if they rethink a little bit they can provide a box that teaches people to think outside the pattern. What do I know, though? It just makes me sad how dependent people are on patterns.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I think that's probably the type of rethinking that they're doing. I hope they can come up with something that works.