Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Black White Design Wall Fun



Trimming time for the black and white baby quilt HST. I made a lot of them, and they were mostly very accurate. But once I started trimming I decided to go through and do them all. Now they're all 4.5"
I wanted to highlight this black and white variation on this pattern so you can see just how nice the fabric design looks with the two colors sewn up together in a HST.

Time to make visual decisions visually, aka playing around on the design wall.

I have resigned myself to the fact that white and not-quite-white are close enough to okay for me to go ahead with using them together. 
Very toothy looking, maybe a little too aggressive for a baby quilt? I think it works pretty well with the side "border" looking columns on the central panel.


 Constrained and orderly up on the top and kind of going crazy down on the bottom. I have to say I like this quite a bit. It almost looks like three undefined hearts. I definitely like this arrangement of two rows on the top and four on the bottom. I'm feeling like I should just start sewing two HST together randomly and then see where it ends up. But no, I think I need to play around with it a little more before I start sewing.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

Aren't design walls great! So nice you could play around with some of your ideas and see how they look.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Design walls are so essential! It's so fun to play around with a bunch of blocks.