Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Rejected But All Mine

 

Well, some sad news, not a single one of my three entries made it into the Prism Play show.😢😢😢 


I'll admit that I'm pretty disappointed. Given the statement of the juror that was included with the rejection notice, it sounds like there was likely too much of a range of tones and tints in my quilts for them to read well with the other quilts that would be surrounding them when the exhibit was hung. 

Or maybe they thought they were just too crappy to be included. I will never really know of course.

I'm getting over the disappointment by finishing stitching down the facings on the back and adding the hanging sleeves so I can mount an exhibition of my triptych in my own home. I intentionally made the three quilts to be hung in a group, so maybe that was a bad approach for the show, but it will work for me on my walls.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

:(

Poor choice by the judges DEFINITELY. Your work is not crappy, so don't even think that.

I should talk, though. I have mostly stopped entering shows, because my quilts are always rejected.

Big hugs!!