Saturday, March 12, 2022

Uncovered Designs



I'm always fascinated by what's left behind on the walls of old brick buildings when they're uncovered, like when a neighboring structure is taken down to make a parking lot. I noticed this wall in San Diego and took several pictures. 

I've cropped them so that the walls are the focus, try to ignore the trees, parked cars and lamp posts. 

I think these color combinations, textures and shapes would make a pretty great starting point for a quilt.

Especially once you play around with editing the color so it's not so sun-drenched and washed out. A further thought, what if I turned this design 180°? Then it could be a similar shape/size that I worked with for the Prism Play triptych quilts, 15"w x 45"h. This may require some sketching.

No comments: