Friday, February 25, 2022

Top of The Table


The Dotsy table runner is now together. Here's how it looked before I put the borders on. 

And here it is with the borders. Now that I look at it I'm realizing that this has turned out a bit bigger than anticipated. I might trim down the borders somewhat.


I really like how this looks, even with the blocks trimmed down to size the 3-D look still comes through. Especially from a further away view. I'm a little bummed that it's not going to be seen that way laying flat on the table. And close up, looking at it block by block, I really do not like the chopped up big polka-dots. It's vaguely unsettling somehow because the pattern in the fabric doesn't match up--at all.

Well, now to quilt it "as desired". Maybe I'll echo the pattern in the border fabric, that might be a cool overall design to use.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Check how it looks on the table before you chop off the borders. You might not need to. Perhaps you can have a place to hang table runners the month before the they rotate onto the table? It might be weird, though.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I just did exactly that, and if we want to have placemats, it needs to be cut down a little bit. I'm thinking of hanging them on pants hangers in the closet downstairs. Less ironing that way.