Monday, February 07, 2022

Floor Fabric

Remember this picture I took a while back? It is a shot of the highly polished floor in our local Costco. I took it while I was waiting for my son to get his Covid booster shot. One of the very few times you ever get a chance to sit down in Costco. I fooled around with it in Percolator which turned out some very cool designs, which I also said I thought it'd make a great fabric. Instead of those abstracted images from Percolator, I just went with the original.

 And what do you know? I was right. I tiled the image in the Spoonflower editing program in a mirrored repeat and got 2 yards of fabric printed. I think it'll make a great skirt, to wear to Costco of course...so I can blend in. If I do, I promise to get a pic of myself standing in this spot wearing it. 

I chose to use Spoonflower's Petal Signature Cotton, but it would probably be fine on a lot of other choices that they offer, maybe even wallpaper. If you want to order some of your own, please go right ahead.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW! From Costco to skirt. I bet you could get in your newsletter and get a lot of traffic on your site!

Cindy said...

Do you have the fabric? I've been a bit disappointed in how the grays and blacks print on their fabric in the past and I'd love to know if they look more like the image shown when you order it!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Jaye, if I actually make a skirt or anything, I'll send them a picture, that would be kind of hilarious really.
Cindy, I do have the fabric, that's a picture of it on my very own design wall. The grays look fine to me and there isn't too much pure black to consider. I'd say it's pretty close to accurate, but I also have not washed the fabric yet, that may or may not change things.