Thursday, February 24, 2022

On Background

 

Brush pens are really great, and I particularly love this one (Pentel GFKP), but they can be a bit too juicy for rulers that I don't want to remember to clean off. Any straight-edged thing works, even a mint tin. 
I've been keeping what I call an Ephemeral Visual Journal this year. In this small sized journal I'm doing small collages with the interesting ephemera that comes through and catches my eye. I write a little about whatever it is too and incorporate the words into the collage. I've been doing a background first and then I'll start collaging. But sometimes I find I really really like the background all on its own. So this one will stay as is, because it is my journal and I make the rules (and break them).

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I love the idea of the small size. It makes the project doable. I also like the idea of saving ephemera that catches your eye. You never know whether it might end up as inspiration for a fabulous piece.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

The smaller size is much more manageable for me to fill easily and quickly. I've always saved ephemera but I haven't always used much of it, this is making me use it instead of sticking it in a storage box to be forgotten.