Saturday, February 05, 2022

Everything Is Blue



On to the third and final Prism Play quilt, this time I had to choose between three color cards. I settled on Aqua Blue because I had the most fabrics to choose from. Here's the start of the quilt and the fabric pull I was working with. I ended up pulling out that very dark green one that very much was not in the correct color range. It happened to be one of those shot cottons, so under one light it was absolutely spot on, but under another light or at another angle, it came off very differently. More like: why is this obviously green fabric in here?

I again encountered the colored head of my pin exactly matching the fabric. Like playing "chicken" except with a sewing machine instead of a car. Slightly less dangerous.

This song was of course running through my head as I was stitching on this one:
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I think the group is pretty much analogous on the color wheel. Maybe the beige next to the dark green is messing up the look?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

The dark green one turned out to be wrong, the beige-ish one is exactly right. It's turning out to be a real challenge to be strict on the whole analogous thing. But that's the main point of the exhibit.