Saturday, February 26, 2022

Vicuña Visit

 

New project begun, a black and white baby quilt. I'm using the black and white print layer cake my DH gave me for Christmas to make a bunch of HST.  There's been a lot of research about high contrast black and white being good for retinal development in babies. Plus it looks cool to grown-ups too.
I love the measuring part. The new Sewline pen is working out great for this.

8 HST at Once! I love this technique, it feels so efficient and effective.


These HST will be on the top and bottom of this panel in some sort of arrangement or other, tbd for now.

And the backing will be this animal alphabet flannel. A Vicuña mention FTW! Oh no, I just realized this will not help a kiddo learn letters beyond the first ones in the animal names because the words are written out in cursive. C'mon now, fabric designers. But yes, the cursive looks so nice with those big blocky first letters, it really does.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Kids are smart and this backing will be a good start on learning cursive. I have a tutorial on the method for HSTs you used. Find it at: https://www.artquiltmaker.com/blog/2016/09/quilt-class-hsts/

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I wonder if a baby born now will actually need to learn cursive? Thanks for the tutorial!