Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Wandering Wednesday - Dry Creek/Garin Park

 

Last Saturday was our chosen hike day to get together with my SIL and her family, both of our kids plus one friend came along too and three dogs (but not ours). We were quite the crew out on the trail, it was fun.
It's our joint goal to get the two families together once a month to go on a hike. So far we're 2 out of 2, so off to a good start. 
This would be a pretty ideal place to be a cow, ample shade and water, endless green grass (at least until it warms up) and lots of room to roam.
The grassy hills look so smoothly green from far away, but they're quite rough up close.
It was a little hazy so we couldn't see all the way to San Francisco.

There are so many more hikes just in this one park, Dry Creek/Garin, there is one trail that goes all along the ridge right behind my BIL.
My niece was surprised to hear that we drove an hour and a half just to go hiking. But when I told her we made the drive mostly because we wanted to see her and her family she got it.
There were so many raptors in the sky, my niece was concerned about her little dog, Ginger who could definitely be scooped up by a hawk.
I was really glad to get out into the sunshine with our people. A two hour hike, about 3.5 miles, 80 floors according to my FitBit. I was slow, but I got there, and I wasn't in a lot of pain the day after.

Good re-use of horse shoes.
Some parts of the trail were pretty steep.
My daughter's dog, Bella, mere moments before she dove headfirst into a rather juicy cow patty. Yikes.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Love the view across the green field to the ocean.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It was a really worthwhile view.