Sunday, February 13, 2022

Happy Superb Owl Day!


 As seen in Santa Cruz yesterday. I see faces in everything, but this time it was very clear. 

Do you know about Superb Owl Day? Apparently one of the most common spelling mistakes when people are googling about the Super Bowl is to mistype it as Superb Owl which leads to very different search results. Some conservation/education groups take advantage of this and have owl-related events and fundraisers today, which is a good use of the internet and its inherent penchant for meme-creation if you ask me. The more support for owls and their habitats the better for us all. There's even a subReddit (of course there is!)

My favorite owl is whichever one I hear nearly every night, it seems like they take turns, one is definitely a Western Screech Owl 

and the other is very likely a Great Horned Owl.  I've never seen them with my own eyes, but I feel lucky to get to hear them all the time.

But today is our favorite day of the year to go to Costco during game time, it's like a ghost town which sounds lovely. That's where we'll be this afternoon since the 49ers didn't make it all the way this year.


No comments: