Monday, February 21, 2022

Looking Closer

 

I'm looking more closely at the fabrics I just purchased, and this one, that is a print of various shibori techniques is really even more striking in person than it was online. I'm realizing now that the way that it's printed, one could cut out the various squares and set them off with a matching cream or brown. It's really got a lot of depth to it for a commercial print.

So mysterious, when the selvedge quotes get cut into. I'm guessing it's supposed to say: "Goodness will never be wasted in any way."  I quite like that sentiment. This fabric is named Koraju which means collage in Japanese.


Next close-up is the unusual selvedge edge for the Mountain fabric. Now that I'm seeing it in my hands and in a picture, I think I might have to incorporate it into the mini quilt I'm making for the Curated Quilts Utility challenge. You're supposed to use utilitarian fabrics for the challenge and using up the edge of a fabric counts in my mind. Plus it's quite an interesting color compared to the base fabric. More on that later. This fabric is really lovely, it has such a nice sheen to it, and it's very soft. I haven't washed it yet, so we'll see how it does.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I understand that these are new fabrics, but I find that looking through my fabrics (shopping my stash) gets me excited about projects, too.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It's true, sometimes you open up a folded up fabric in your stash and can notice all sorts of new inspiring things.