Friday, February 11, 2022

Triptych Trio

 


Here are the final three quilts I've been working on the last few weeks. 
Hung up all together in their intended triptych form. 
I'm going to be quite happy to hang these up in my home if they don't make it into the Prism Play SAQA show that I made them for. 
I gave all three quilts Latin names based on their color and position in the triptych for some reason I couldn't express at the moment. Mostly it's because the Latin word for left hand is *Sinister* which I've always loved very much. 

Chartreuse Sinister  - The Chartreuse Mountains are where Carthusian monks have traditionally made the drink of the same name and color. The outlines of the curves of the mountain range inspired the curving lines and shadows. The Latin word for left is sinister. This is the left-most piece of a triptych.




Aqua Centrum - The curving lines and shadows echo the color changes in the open ocean water at various depths. The Latin word for center is centrum. This is the center-most piece of a triptych.




Aurantia Dextera - The curving lines and shadows evoke the rolling hills covered in orange groves. The Latin word for right is dextera and for orange is aurantia. This is the right-most piece of a triptych.




2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!!! WOW!!! The three look great. I love the names and stories. The curved grid quilting in the Aqua Centrum detail is awesome. Great job!!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks so much. I'm just amazed I got them done in time.