Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Sized Right

I started sewing the blocks for the Dotsy table runner together, but then I had to stop after just two rows and do some un-sewing because it became apparent that the blocks and rows were radically different sizes. It just wasn't going to work, it would screw up the pattern to not take the time to do it right. 
I trimmed the blocks down to a slightly smaller and uniform size and now it’s going to be so much easier to put together. I think since there was a several week break between finishing the blocks and working with them again, I'd just forgotten this pretty crucial and basic step, whoops! Well worth the time to un-sew a few seams. Back to sewing the rows together.


 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Oh no!! I use a lot of Post-it notes pinned to my projects to remind me of things I am sure I will remember, but never do. It's looking great!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I usually do that, write out where I am and what's next, but I neglected to this time. I think I was attempting to get my triptych done in time for the deadline. I"m proud of myself for stopping and undoing the few seams I'd sewn instead of pushing on and ending up super wonky.