Monday, February 28, 2022

February 2022 Cornucopia

 

Yes you are! Well, that was quite a February, wasn't it? I'm writing that sentence on the 1st, but I'm just guessing...

Here's my monthly cornucopia scheduled post wherein I try to round up all the links to things I read, consumed, was inspired by, want to share or remember, etc. from the previous month.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

I know I have too many email subscriptions already, but I added one that I'm finding quite useful, the weekly one from Aurifil. You can find the subscription box way down at the bottom of their front-page.  They also have some interesting stuff on their blog, well worth looking at.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Here's a half-rectangle tutorial from swimbikequilt. Very useful with great illustrations.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

This short interview with Jan Beaney was a great reminder about using water-soluble films in layering embroidery, etc. There's also a 15 minute teaser video from Beaney and Littlejohn taken from their longer class DVD.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Here's how to make your own mustard! This looks amazing.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

I'm enjoying this Yoko Ono tribute album, Ocean Child which is all re-recordings of her songs, all to benefit Why Hunger.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Ahhhh, Faith Ringgold gets a great write-up in Harper's Bazaar, she's 91and has a major retrospective show in NYC at the New Museum.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Chatting the Pictures discusses a very evocative image taken by Greenpeace.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

This newly discovered mosaic in London would make a great inspiration for a floor tiles quilt. I'm especially interested in how it looks partially uncovered. That would be a cool design for a quilt. I would call it Londinium after the name of the Roman city founded there in 50 CE.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

If you've never heard all the verses of Woody Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land", do yourself a favor and listen to this powerful and righteous version by Sharon Jones (RIP) and the Dap-Kings:



No comments: