Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Welcome February

 


We're into February already...2022 is just speeding along and I'm feeling like I'm rushing to catch up to the calendar.

This monthly marker is a combination of two photos as per my usual, edited in SnapSeed. I really like how these two combined and interacted when layered.


The first picture is the work I produced in the David Owens Hastings workshop.

The second is of the leaf miner I photographed at Quail Hollow Ranch.

And then there's the 1SE video compilation for the month. This is my One Second Everyday for January,

So What the heck did I actually do in January?

I started One Prism Play Quilt - Orange

I started the Dotsy table runner

I started, finished, and sent the quilt for SAT22 - Doors Unopened

I hiked 3x: Quail Hollow x 2 and the Alviso Bay trail.

I designed one quilt in EQ8

I made two Hold Tite folios

I finished and sent in the mini quilt for the Curated Quilts Red issue 

I took a workshop from David Owens Hastings

I virtually attended the SDA conference

I added nearly daily to my Visual Journal

I blogged here 30/31 days

Which is a whole lot more than nothing, so I'm glad that I wrote it out here for myself. I think I'll do this next month too.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

Great progress! I like seeing what I have done. I often feel like I am not doing enough so seeing it in writing helps me feel better. Another reminder to be kinder to myself.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, this was a great reminder to quit running myself down in my own head, a reminder to keep changing my self-talk tapes by writing and re-reading a list of my accomplishments. Somehow it cements it, makes it more real. Whatever works to trick ourselves into being kinder to ourselves right?