Monday, January 17, 2022

Look Down Sometimes





I was sitting at Costco the other day, waiting for my son to get his Covid booster shot (yay! we're all boosted now!) so I had the chance to notice the floor. Usually in Costco one is focused on the *stuff* that you're wildly throwing into your gigantic cart and avoiding running into other people (or being run into). 
I've seen the floor polisher thing in action before, but it does make quite an interesting surface. And quite shiny given the glare of the lights way up above.
As usual the cracks were the most eye-catching and interesting. I would love a fabric that had the depth of colors and texture that this floor has. It's different than the granite ones, more random and a lot more layers I think. This might be one to try having printed at Spoonflower...

And then of course, I had to try looking at this photo in Percolator, and some of these would be fabulous as fabric (or quilts) also:



2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW! I love the way Percolator works. I might have to try it out. The circle design from the floor is so cool!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! Yes, Percolator is super cool, definitely worth trying out.