Wednesday, January 05, 2022

2022 Looking Forward

Okay, my goals for 2022 are all over the map, my studio feels very over-full after starting so many new things and taking so many classes last year. A lot of inputs came in, which was great and awesome, so my goals are centered around using that up or utilizing the new things I've learned. 

In 2022 I'm going to:

Studio Reorganize:

Put away washed fabrics so the stack doesn't topple over and smother me

Roll up or hang completed quilts so I can get to the boxes underneath

Sell or give away books/magazines so I can shelve the ones I want to keep

Send boxes of fabric to Pine Ridge again so I have room in my fabric storage

Finish:

There are so many projects on my in-process list, I want to get some of them done. 

But especially my art quilt coat by the time it's cold enough to wear towards the end of the year.

Use:

Dyes, paints, tools (like Sizzix dies), new techniques

Make: 

Prism Play quilts to enter in the SAQA show

Bed Quilts for my kids, either new projects, or already started ones.

A Color of the year quilt with Cosmos and Deep Navy Blue, maybe this one


A quilt utilizing Percolator: 

Start a Dear Jane quilt with EQ8

Start and finish some of the Quilty Box projects and/or Modern Quilter projects.

Quilt and Finish: 

Safe At Home


Have quilted by local long-armer: Kaffe Blue Squares

And any other tops that are too big for me to do at home. 

Gift or donate completed quilts.

Virtually Attend: SDA Conference and SAQA conferences, SAQA Local, CQFA, SBAMQG, BAM meetings and lecture/classes

Visual Journal: Add to this at least weekly if not more, use and incorporate the daily emphemera that accumulates.

Participate in: 100 Day SAQA project, ICAD, Weekly Six Word Memoir

Enter: 

Olive Hyde, Visions, SAQA Prism Play, and ?

Buy: Keep the Quilty Box subscription, and limit new purchases to immediate use or replacement. I don't have more room, and I have enough or too much already. Time to scale down the volume of *stuff*

Word of the Year:

ENOUGH


2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!!! I am so impressed with your list of goals. You have real goals. WOW! I look forward to seeing your achievements.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Hah! Real goals, well we shall see in January next year. Thanks for the vote of confidence.