Sunday, January 02, 2022

Pieces Into Something

 

I had some leftovers from making the Energized mini quilt that I didn't want to throw into the scrap bin. They were just so nicely coordinated you know? They were mostly long rectangles so I sewed them end to end and then cut them apart. I cut strips of the lighter pink at 2", 1.75" and 1.5" widths and made sections.
Those got all trimmed and arranged, I sewed these smaller sections into four squares.
Then I played with them until I liked how it looked and sewed all four together. I like the almost-squared-up but not quite look that I achieved.

Oh and good news, my mini quilt got accepted by Curated Quilts! It will be published in the Red issue in April. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOOHOO! on getting accepted into Curated quilts.

This could be a mini quilt or the start of another Kitchen Sink quilt.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, woohoo! I was still thinking Kitchen Sink quilting for sure.