Saturday, January 08, 2022

Dotsy Runner





Now that I am on my year-long quest to make a table runner for each month, it's time to get going. Yesterday I started in on making the table runner pre-cut kit I'd bought from Curated Quilts a few months ago. It didn't come with the pattern, so I had to back into it by doing a teeny bit of experimenting. If you need a HST that measures 3" to match your 3" blocks, you need to cut the fabric you're making the HST out of at 3.5" That sort of thing. Instead of using the kit fabrics I used some of the freebie fabric I got in my SBAMQG Virtual Retreat goodie bag:
They don't look like much, but they helped me figure the math out before cutting into the more precious kit fabric.


I really really enjoy this Kaffe Fassett fabric design and all the great color combinations that it comes in. I call them Dotsy in my head, because they're kind of polka dots but not, and kind of splotches too.

Haven't gotten the blocks sewn together yet, but the three rows of each are now assembled.




2 comments:

Jaye said...

I was thinking about making more tablerunners, too. It might be a good time to experiment with those specialty rulers. Not sure I can commit to one for each month, but I do want a general one as I am not that fond of the journey to Nebula Seaside one I made for myself. In an ideal world, I would like one for each holiday. I'll focus on a birthday table runner for next January.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

A birthday table runner sounds like a great idea. I'm sorry you don't like that Seaside one though.