Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Folio Finished




My Hold-tite Folio was almost completed except for the binding, so with my trusty Wonder Clips, I got to stitching.
Here it is in action, all filled up with the Sew-tites. It's quite a bit heavier, all loaded up so I'm glad that the pattern called for the fabric stabilizer on the outer fabric and batting on the inner. I wish I'd hand-stitched the binding down on the inside, but it's too much to unpick at this point.
It's a whole lot thicker now, but the "spine" of the folio is spacious enough to contain the bulk of two sides worth of Sew-tites. The two sides of the folio don't come apart much on their own, so there really isn't a need for a closure.

I added a little stiff ribbon loop for a handle which helps open it up, the two sides are a little grippy with each other.  

I'm really quite pleased with this thing, it's going to be much nicer to use rather than digging around in the little plastic zip bag I was storing these in. The Sew-tites tend to gather together in a giant unusable clump so this will be much more accessible and portable.



 


No comments: