Sunday, January 30, 2022

Last Shop of the Month

One of the things about being subscribed to bunches of newsletters for various sewing businesses is sometimes they catch your eye and you go buy stuff. Sew Sweetness got me when they highlighted these beautiful woven labels. I ordered three kinds, and may or may not actually use them as actual labels, we shall see. And then some OdiCoat, which I need to use on some fabric to make a tablecloth for our deck table.
Closer up on the label, very very finely made. Beautiful even.
The other thing I bought from Sew Sweetness is a MyPad. I've been frustrated lately with remembering which needle I have in my machine and the letters on them are so teeny tiny and the color on the needle shaft isn't always terribly helpful. So enter the MyPad as a possible solution. The idea is, you stick the needle you used for only a little bit and is still good and sharp, but an unusual one in the corresponding location on this foam pad. I don't like putting a slightly used needle back in the plastic package because then I'll think it's brand new the next time I go to use one. The yellow flower head pin is to indicate the current needle you've got loaded in your machine.
Of course I had to modify the thing immediately to account for the Chrome needle I'm using right now. But that's okay, my mod cancels out the visually objectionable gigantic MYPAD on the bottom right.
It was an extra good mail day because my Quilty Box came and it's allll purple-y, yay! I had always wanted a BobbinSaver and just never bought one. It's so nice not to have to dig around in the machine foot box for my bobbins, very handy. The green thing is a magnet that you put on your spool to hold your needle on. Not quite clear on how that works.
Again, this month, the fabrics were not ones that I would pick in a store, but are nonetheless perfectly fine and are going to look great in the quilt pattern seen to the right. I have a bolt of a very nice navy fabric to use for the setting strips.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Lots of good mail. I like the idea of the MyPad. I'll have to see if I have a handy place to put it before I buy one. I almost never pay attention to what needle I have in, how long it is in, etc. Bad, I know.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

the MyPad is pretty big, like as big as an old-school mousepad. But if you're using a lot of different types of needles like in bag making for instance, it might be helpful to you.