Wednesday, June 01, 2022

June Swooning


I've always loved that phrase "June Swoon", it's so evocative, you instantly get what it means. The heat turns up even more, the garden explodes with growth and color, the days get longer and longer. It's too much and it's so wonderful, thus all the swooning.

The above monthly marker photo for June is a smash-up of two photos that were as per usual manipulated in SnapSeed. I really love that app, it's so easy and has to so many powerful tools.

The orange bullseyes with the first circle applied.

One of my beautiful peony blooms.

My One Second Everyday for May has a whole lot of flowers, but that's not a big surprise.


And finally here's the list of: What The Heck Did I Actually Do In May???  aka Monthly I-Did

I attended the SAQA online conference.

I finished quilting and bound the B/W baby quilt and my DS gave it to his friends.

I finished quilting and bound the Dotsy table runner.

I cut out and ironed and sewed on the first circles for the orange bullseye project

I finished the binding and label on Safe At Home, it's all done except the wash/dry!

I sandwiched the Kitchen Sink Quilt using fusible batting, ready to quilt.

I pin basted Courthouse Steps

I finished up my 100 Days project (but haven't posted it here yet.)

I kept going on the Secret Lives of Color quilt a long (but haven't posted it here yet).

I finished the outdoor swing cushions.

I did some hand-stitching on two older projects, one Pamela Allen class project and another beaded one.

I began a quilt design for a MQG challenge.

I completed a HST layout for Faux Goose Chase.

I got to get out on the road with my DH all the way up to Washington and back again, awesome! 

I very occasionally added to my Visual Journal.

I blogged here 22/31 days.

I moved almost everything back onto our re-stained deck and repotted a lot of the plants or planted them out in the garden.

That's a good list, which once again proves to me that all the little stuff adds up to a whole lot more than nothing. I definitely think it's officially a pattern. Checking in every month like this is still working for me as pretty good motivation for myself. I'll definitely continue to do this next month too.

No comments: