Thursday, June 09, 2022

FGC HST AD

 

That's a lot of abbreviations, let me break it down. The Faux Goose Chase (FGC) quilt top made up of HST (Half Square Triangles) is AD (almost done). I'm down to the last three columns worth of free floating HST  to sew together. And then I'll sew the columns together.
As I've been sewing the HST pairs together, I've been encountering several of the triangles not being shall we say...full? I think that back in 2013 I made the newbie mistake of cutting several layers at a time (I think it was 8?) and not lining the edges of the fabric up well enough. And more importantly, not making sure the fabric edges were far enough away from the cutting edge of the die. So I'm very glad I had some "extra" HST to substitute in where needed.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Did you ever figure out when you cut this out? Is there a previous post from 5 years ago I haven't seen? Or was it a whim, then disappeared until you found it last week?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It was back in 2013, there is a post https://highfibercontent.blogspot.com/2013/08/using-accuquilt.html It was because Debbie W. invited me over to try her Studio Accuquilt cutter. It wasn't a project I really wanted to make at the moment, so it got put away for "later". Guess now is later.