Friday, June 03, 2022

Swing Swang Swung



More on the completed swing refurbishment, specifically the two new long cushions I was set on making. The sewing was quite simple and pretty easy. The fabric is a Sunbrella type, so it has a very strange hand compared to quilting cotton (duh of course).

It was nice that there was a very distinct right side and wrong side. The fabric I used for the bench seat cushion for my mom was very close so it was a little harder.

I took it slow to do the corners, did it several steps, individual lines of sewing and I think it paid off.



Pretty good corners. Or good enough for me.

Here's how they look out on the swing
Ahhh, very cushy. I like the feel of the memory foam, I hope it lasts awhile.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!!! Super impressive. You are my hero. I always shy away from these types of projects.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks, I'm really pleased with how it turned out.