Saturday, June 18, 2022

Cutting Second Round



 The orange bullseye squares are waiting for their second circles. The size of the circle we're adding to these blocks is  6". I'd already cut out 20 squares for them and folded them up and pressed them into quarters. After I cut them into circles, I put them up on the wall matching them up with suitable partners.

That meant that it was time to do the whole clip on the template thing again. It went pretty quickly having the squares already folded into quarters. 

There are a whole lot of leftovers after cutting around the template. They're interesting shapes that call to me honestly more than the nearly perfect circles.
Some mistakes were made, whoops! This is what happens when you clip the template to the wrong corner.

I was totally engrossed in watching the Day 3 broadcast of the January 6th hearings, so I just kept going and pinned and sewed them all up. 

I even spent the time to cut out the excess fabric on the back. So now I'm almost halfway there with the 48 bullseye blocks. This is how four of them look when fit together.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I am so excited to get my squares back and put them together! Thanks for your hard work. The picture with your tablet showing the Jan 6 Committee hearings is a marker in time.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, it's exciting, we're getting along on this project! Definitely a marker in time, compelling stuff.