Thursday, June 23, 2022

Facing the Facings


Thanks to Wonderclips and lots of pins,  I'm getting the facings stitched down on the Colorful Triptych. It's a lot of stitching, because these are quite long but skinny. 

I'm doing the stitching while watching daytime (for me) Giants games as they play on the East Coast, so that means I'm hanging out with the Jawbreaker pillow that I made back in 2020. I didn't have a pillow form that was the right size, so I made my own out of batting and fabric scraps so it's heavy and solid and makes a great lap stitching device.

The Wonderclips really help a lot when you're trying to hold the rolled over edge in place while you stick down the facing an inch and half away.. I still need to make the three hanging sleeves to add on and get the trio hung up on the wall.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

You are accomplishing sooooo much! It is great to see. I have been tired the past few days and have also been watching daytime TV, but Start TV: Unforgettable, Rizzoli & Isles, etc.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm getting some stuff done, it's true. Not every day, but most days. I'm glad you're resting and watching TV.