Friday, June 24, 2022

Friday ICAD


I've been puttering along making my daily ICAD pieces, and then forgetting to post them here. So here's the second week's worth.
These four all use the scrap paper that I was brayering the excess paint off while I was Gelli Plate printing earlier in the month.

I was mostly doing black/white/red with these but then a bit of red-orange fell in there too.

I used the FabMo upholstery thing that I'd utilized with the Gelli Plate printing, it's a heavy duty woven open mesh fabric. I think it makes an interesting background here.
That oval on the bottom is the shiny backing of my "I Voted" sticker.
I tore out some pages from my sketch book and the curled up perforated edge is on the left, I used it as a mask to make the squarish marks.

More of the sketchbook edging, and a Good Earth Tea quote too. "Change is the essence of life; Surrender who you are for what you could become." Reinhold Niebuhr. Pretty deep for a cup of tea.



 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Looks great. It is fun to see a week's worth at once and try and figure out if one led to another.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Oh that's a good thing to try and put them together. A lot of times I have one blank card underneath the one I'm working on and if anything goes off the edge, it's a starting point for the now not totally blank one.