Saturday, June 25, 2022

Pillow Edges.



 Have you had the experience of home textiles not lasting as long as they used to? These pillowcases are only a few years, maybe at the most three, and the edges are absolutely shredded. This has happened with a lot of our newer towels too. Shredding, just coming apart, whereas the ones we got as wedding presents way back when are still perfectly fine?!? Something has definitely changed in textile production. I hesitate to spend big $$ on the higher priced linens if this is what's going to happen...

The rest of the pillowcase was perfectly fine and still very usable. So...I took the time to enclose the edges in some double fold binding. It's a little stiff in comparison to the rest of the pillowcase, but it's not where you rest your face so I think it'll be fine.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I have noticed that, too!!! I thought it was just us.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Nope, not just you! I miss linens that last and last.