Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Tape Management

 

I'm having to work on different methods of managing the growing size (and weight!) of the Scrap Tape. This picture shows 18 days worth. How long is that? Well let's do the math shall we?  We've got  9" x 18= 162" or 4.5 yards of sewn-on tape. It's already starting to get a bit bulky.
I've got the sewn part of the tape wrapped around an empty thread cone, secured with straight pins and giant sized Wonder Clips.
I've been introducing new collections of scraps as I go, this is from the recent Bohemian Wife block making.
I really do like using the pieces of my hand-dyes sprinkled in here and there.

That yellow though is rather prominent.
It might unify parts of the quilt that I eventually make out of this Scrap Tape.
Some major crumb piecing on this section.

I'm still enjoying this project on day 18 out of 100, so that's a good sign. It is a lot more time consuming than I'd thought it would be. That means I'm having to consistently work on it every day because getting too behind would be hard to catch up. Having the idea of finishing off this entire roll of Scrap Tape is working for me as a real incentive to continue. And that's one of the main goals of the 100 Days project.

No comments: