Friday, March 15, 2024

Boho Combos

 

Spent a lot of time today cutting out squares for the rest of the Economy Blocks aka Square In A Square for the Bohemian Wife quilt. I do love using the slang "boho" for Bohemian.
The combinations are pretty fun in the slightly bigger scale. 4.5" vs. 3.5" Definitely shows off the bigger prints a bit more. Ooh look a beige has appeared!
I may change some of these combinations around before sewing.
Then I pushed through to cut out the rest of the twenty-three 3.5" blocks out. Oops, I thought I was done, but I need two more corner squares sets.

There we go, two more cut out and added in, and then some of the combinations switched around.
Oh that's funny, I didn't even mean to do this reverse thing of the two patterns and block positions. I'm going to see how they look all sewn up.
I was re-sorting and re-settling the mess that the fabric pull for the Bohemian Wife quilt had gotten into after all this cutting and noticed the above on one of the FQ's. What the heck! Looks like a printing issue to me. Maybe I'll fussy cut it out and feature it as an eye-spy sort of thing in this quilt. You'd have to work really hard to spot it with all the busy-ness of the color and pattern.
Phew that was a lot of cutting! Now to sew them together.




2 comments:

Jaye said...

I really love those fabric combinations. I also kept looking at the fabrics and thinking "oh! I have that fabric!" Nice work and what a lot of cutting!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! It is a lot of cutting, I was surprised how long it took me.