Monday, March 04, 2024

Eleven Days of Tape

 

Here's a series of photos showing each day's work on my Scrap Tape- 100 Days Project. This section didn't get trimmed down.
Lots and lots of batiks left over from making the Swamp Blocks.
Lots of the small piecing being done off the tape first.
Oooh a curve.
Teeny tiny pieces, that I had to make sure didn't end up on the edges of the Scrap Tape.
Lots of my hand-dyed fabric scraps to use.
Hey there's some of the new fabric I bought.
Several of these are weird backing fabrics I've used recently.
These are all un-ironed, just used the seam roller. *note to self* I have to remember to turn off the steam when I do iron it because the Seam Tape is a wash-away product.
I think this is my very favorite one of this group. Probably because of the inclusion of the hand-dyed checked hemp linen.
I guess when I get to the end of 100 days, I'm going to want to make a movie somehow of all these. I'll have to figure out how to continuously unroll it before I chop it all up to make a quilt.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Very fun! I am trying to imagine how many longer strips you will get from a 25 yard strip. I could do the math, but...


Are you think of making blocks then putting them together or doing longer pieces, like 40in to go across a baby sized quilt?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It is pretty fun. I'm picturing cutting the Scrap Tape into various lengths of strips and then "floating" them in a solid background. But making blocks of shorter pieces plus a solid might also work out well.