Thursday, March 21, 2024

Bohemian Framing

 

All of the 3.5" Economy Blocks for the Bohemian Wife. I laid them out together so that I could select out which ones were going to be getting the additional border treatment.

My collection of the teeny tiny "leftover" HSt's have quadrupled in quantity.

They really are so fun and I'm contemplating how to use them. Maybe all in one big block in this quilt? As a quilted pillow sham to go with the quilt? That's not something I've tried to make before, probably worth considering.
Here are the bordered Square in a Square blocks. I like how they get set off and framed, very much emphasized. I especially like the looks of the one with the double border.
These is the block I was testing the erasable marking pen on, and now it's set into a border and still looking fine with even more ironing.
I really do like these fabric choices on this one. I think these colors would make a great color palette for a whole quilt, maybe for a child, maybe not depending on the pattern. And I don't mind the cream vs. white in the block as the difference is separated enough by the vivid yellow print

It turns out that the last blocks left are made using squares of fabric that are bordered in a couple different combinations and various sizes. So that means some more cutting, but that's only 6 left to go!

4 comments:

Jaye said...

You really chose fantastic fabrics. I want to make one just like yours now!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm super pleased with the fabrics, they've really worked out well. You should make one! I'll lend you my now-annotated and corrected pattern.

Jaye said...

I will probably take you up on it now that You have figured out all the pattern weirdnesses and found all the extra spreadsheets people have created. I still haven't settled on a retreat project, so....

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Aha, good idea for a retreat project! I'd imagine that the block piecing will be really easy for you.