Sunday, March 17, 2024

Another Slap Cover

Friend Jaye mentioned that she would like one of the covers I made for the Project Quilting Wearables challenge for her slap bracelet from last year's retreat to wear at this year's retreat. So of course! I still have my Mini Pearl Bracelet fabric out as it's one of the ingredients in the Bohemian Wife quilt. I chose a color as close to aqua as I could get and measured it out.
Some piecing later, and I was ready to get down quilting. I used some Kaffe flower prints, a Giucy Giuce print and some scraps of a dark pink that I dyed.
Quilting was done in intentionally not lined up serpentine stitch (love that one) in two colors. I got out the pearl button jar again and found a good group of buttons in 3 sizes.
I thought this was funny, the scene before the buttonhole threads are cut. I worked hard to center the big button on the design on the Giucy Giuce print.
Sewed it down to the lining on three sides and trimmed the corners, turned it out and voilá, done and all ready for Jaye to slip in her slap bracelet and hand stitch up the end.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I love it! I can't wait to see it in person. Thanks so much

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yay! I'll give it to you at Sew Day.