Monday, March 25, 2024

Final Bohemian Wife Blocks

 

I think I've now finished with piecing the blocks for the Bohemian Wife quilt. Feeling very pleased about having gotten there. Of course there's just a zillion blocks up on the design wall waiting to be assembled into a quilt top, but I'm a lot closer to getting done with this project. I didn't take a picture to post because they're not all arranged in the right spots yet.
Here's the last five blocks all together.
This one is a little matchy-matchy, but that's okay, with all the contrast of pattern I think it's okay. It won't stand out too much.

I've started trying to figure out the how-to's and how-much on cutting out the background strips. There's something like 60 strips of various lengths and widths. This is not very clear in the written pattern *ahem* This is one of the main reasons so many people find this quilt pattern challenging! I found a chart that another quilter has made that will hopefully help. It's a spreadsheet, which is what my mind was already heading towards making.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!! Amazing that you are in the home stretch of the piecing. Good job!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It's going to be a big thing to get this whole quilt top assembled. Kind of like a long-term puzzle fitting the blocks and strip segments together. One segment at a time...