Thursday, May 02, 2024

May To-Do

 

Well, here we are in May now, and as you can see in this beginning of the month design wall picture, I've gotten stuck with the Bohemian Wife still up on the design wall. I worked around the blocks instead of actually working with the blocks to get them into a quilt top. More on that later.

Okay, today I'm having knee surgery, and my doctor doesn't know if it's going to be the less complicated recovery or the easier version that I've experienced before. The more complicated one will be no weight bearing or bending my knee for 6 weeks. We're talking crutches and a leg brace. It's likely going to be that one, but I won't know for sure until I wake up from anesthesia. Either way is fine with me, I just want to have a stable knee again. 

Sooo... that means this to-do list post may or may not be completely thrown out the window depending upon how the recovery goes. I've put two of my hand-stitching projects on here, so either way, I'm going to be doing some sewing somehow some way.

Begin Something New


Keep adding to the Scrap Tape for my 100 Days project.

Continue Assembly

Sew the rest of the columns for the Temperature Quilt. OND, get them done.


Bohemian Wife
 - cut strips, assemble sections.

Pantone Project
 - continue making the final blocks, work on an overall design.

City Sampler 
- source more grey sashing material, continue assembly of the quilt top with sashing.

Y.E.S. Coat - continue making pieces/blocks. assemble on foundation, cut lining pieces.


Snake In The Garden - Finish hand stitching

Kawandii - Finish hand stitching/assembly

The 4 I's - sew down facings, sew on sleeve and label, send in quilt to exhibit.

Quilting

Trinket

Metro Twist

Final Steps
Japanese Houses/Village - add machine embroidery stitches, add a label, take pictures.


Take a picture of the finished Blue Squares quilt.

Okay, that's plenty! Hopefully I'll be able to do at least some of this as I recover during May.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I love the way you do this. I think I might need to add photos to my to Do list.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I find it very helpful to have the photos on my list. It's a visual reminder which makes it easier to find the project to actually work on it.