Friday, May 10, 2024

Short Tape

 

The Scrap Tape roll for my One Hundred Days Project is getting so huuuuge now. It just barely fits in the designated box.
There's so little left on the roll of unused Scrap Tape comparatively. Only 16 days worth left in theory. So that was tantalizing enough to be so close to the end that I wanted to just unroll the rest and mark off my daily 9" segments.
I'm about an inch short of getting through 98 days. I thought hey, I did the math per the length on the package, what's going on here? That's about 19"short, which seems like more than a rounding error. I rechecked my math which is fine.
So I decided to unroll the whole thing and check my marking on all the days I've done so far. I was thinking that maybe I was off a lot on some of the days? For the most part it was dead on 9" or a little less. There were only 2 days that stood out as really different. This one was only 8" long.
And this one was 9.5". So net net that's .5" So, I don't know, guess my roll was short or something? Could it have shrunk up when I was ironing it day by day? I don't think so, there was one place where it got distorted because I left the steam on when I ironed a section, but otherwise didn't seem like it was gone wavy or anything. 

I dug through my interfacing but nothing is close to the same sort of material. So, I've gone ahead and ordered a new roll of the Scrap Tape. Not ideal to reward the manufacturer by purchasing again, I know I know. But,  I've really liked using this product, but now I know not to count on the measurement on the package. The new roll will get here in plenty of time, but if it doesn't, I'll just use some scrap fabric or something as a foundation to sew the last couple of days on.


No comments: