Friday, May 31, 2024

May Cornucopia

Well, that was the May that was. I've probably spent a lot of time online this month. I'm just guessing I will be with the knee recovery. Okay, so hopefully I've kept track of some links to share with you in this cornucopia of links post. 
Here's a lot of the stuff that kept me entertained, taught me something, or was just beautiful or interesting:

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή

The Met Gala was very entertaining as usual to consume from far away, there were dresses made of sand, denim, cotton, aluminum foil, and a pocketbook made of actual ice. The theme was The Garden of Time, based on the short story by JG Ballard. I don't think many (if any) of the clothing designers read the really excellent story unfortunately. The central theme of the story doesn't really go with the excess of the Met Gala and the folks who appear at it, so not terribly surprising.

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή

Once again, MargArts video of her printing finds is quick and so fun, bicycle tires and so much more.

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή

I'm really enjoying the substack newsletter from Linda and Laura Kemshall, such great advice on thread choices, and free motion quilting as well as surface design stuff too.

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή

I'm not educated in biology or natural sciences, but articles like this one make me wish I'd chosen that path at UC Berkeley.

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή

The debate continues: glue basting vs. thread basting for EPP. A helpful video that shows both techniques.

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή

I love the Tiny Desk Concert winner this year, The Philharmonik from Sacramento. Such a great song!

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή

What's this? Siouxsie Sue and Iggy Pop singing The Passenger for an oddly risquΓ© ice cream bar ad? Now I want an ice cream bar.

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή

πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ή


No comments: