Saturday, June 01, 2024

Hello There, June

 

Time for June, the month where summer settles upon us. This year some of the wild grasses are still green, which is unusual. I keep noticing that there's still green (besides the trees). 
Side by side, here is the picture I used to make the monthly marker photo, and the percolator app version on the right. I really really like the look that the abstracted percolator app produces. 


Here are my 31 seconds of May video from 1SE, One second every day.

What did I do in May?
  1. I made a lot of progress on getting the Bohemian Wife quilt top together. Cut more than half of the 60 background strips and assembled one out of 11 sections.
  2. I finished the 100 Days Project and sewed 9" of scraps onto Scrap Tape every day.
  3. I started and mostly finished quilting a BAMQ Community Giving quilt top.
  4. I sewed one large Inspo Block based on a BAMQ Community Giving block.
  5. I knotted up a Miyako Bag.
  6. I hemmed up some light-filtering curtains for my workroom.
  7. I made my mom a card for Mother's Day.
  8. I really enjoyed the little bit of the Aurora Borealis we were able to see from home.
  9. I made a box for my hexies to live in while I work on a hexie project tbd.
  10. I made the last three blocks for the Pantone Project.
  11. I finished and submitted The 4 I's quilt to the BAMQ exhibit at the San Mateo County Fair.
  12. I cut out and folded a bunch of hexies.
  13. I re-covered a chair seat. 
I posted here every day 31/31, I posted on Instagram 6 times, on Threads 10 times, and on BlueSky 7 times. I attended the BAMQ meeting in person (shocker), virtually attended lectures for CST and had several family visits.
For a month of surgery and recovery and PT appointments, I'd say I did pretty darned well staying busy!




No comments: