Saturday, June 08, 2024

Sections 3,4,5

I'm motivated to get the Bohemian Wife quilt pieced together, so I'm working on piecing together the next sections.


Sections 3, 4, and 5 are now done! I found an actual pattern error for the size of the one strips in section 5, it was listed as being 12.5" but it needed to be 13.5". This is not a thing that is in the errata to the first edition that the pattern designer has noted. I haven't made many quilts via a pattern, is that normal? To already have several pages of errata, and then there's still more errors left to find? It's a complicated quilt, there's obviously a whole lot of various-sized pieces, but that's why I bought the pattern to make the quilt...
A
Anyhoo, on to working on the section that goes below those 3 newly completed sections, which is Section 6. This is a big one! So big that this section didn't fit on the design wall as I was laying it out because I didn't leave enough room for all the seam allowances.

I got a little mixed up with the order and placement with some of the strips because of that, so I had to lay it all out and label the strips to make sure I was sorted before I began sewing pieces together.
I really wish I had done a worksheet for myself that had a little swatch of the fabric that I cut for each strip. That's a free tip for making this quilt!
9 little strips to put on top of the Nurses Cross block (seen up above).
 

No comments: