Thursday, June 06, 2024

ICAD Ho!

 It's not too late to join in, Index Card A Day (or ICAD) is happening again this year. It goes for 61 days, from June 1st to July 31st. I'm participating once again this year which will be my 7th year doing this project. 

Here is what my table looks like as I get ready to begin work on the first card of this year's effort. Note the new stack of blank index cards.

All my usual supplies are ready to go. The boxes of pens and pencils all fit in the plastic box.
And even more importantly, I've located my file card holder. One year I couldn't find it for a bit and almost didn't do the project which was very silly of course.
I let the cards dry first before I file them in here, ten cards per section. Blank unused cards go in the back. And if the cards have been watercolored, then I usually flatten them overnight underneath heavy stuff. In my experience, the fairly lightweight cheapie index cards stand up to the water and the working, but they don't dry flat without help.

I'm looking forward to doing this year's project.




No comments: