Thursday, May 09, 2024

The 4 I's Finished

 

I took my time stitching the facings down on The 4 I's, and I actually had no problems with the thread tangling on the pins which was nice. I really do like this backing fabric, and this is the last of it. It was a Hoffman print that I got on mega sale a while ago.
My deal with my DH was that I had to "check out" exactly 6 pins to use, as I was stitching on the bed (while medicated). And when it was time to put the quilt away, I counted the pins and accounted for the needle and scissors. I was glad that I chose the very brightly colored Tula Pink unicorn head pink pins. They were very easy to keep track of. Safety first! Especially since I'm using this awesome ice-cooler thing for icing my knee that has tubes and an inflatable pad that would be vulnerable to pin pricks. Don't want to ruin the thing that's making my knee feel so much better.

Here's how it ended up looking. I have to admit, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out in the end.
No idea how the judging will go on this one. It's a county fair exhibit, so who knows. 

I'm just glad that I got it done in time to join in the BAMQ exhibit. Hopefully I'll feel well enough to be able to go and walk around at the fair to see it for myself.

No comments: