Wednesday, May 29, 2024

One Completed Section

 I got down to actually sewing together a section of the Bohemian Wife quilt yesterday. So excited to finally get started after all the block making and strip cutting.

I had a couple more strips to cut to finish the section and I realized one of the fabrics I chose was too high contrast. It's navy and white but reads as black and white. I swapped the larger 1.5" strip out for a less contrast-y fabric and kept the smaller 1" one and I think it works better.

There's one point in the assembly of this section that was a partial seam. I took it slow and hoped for the best.

Here's how the partial seam section turned out, no problem.
And now exactly one section (out of 11) is now done. Partial seams and all. I think it's looking pretty good. 
This feels somehow monumental to have gotten a piece of this beastie together. 

1 comment:

Jaye said...

WOW!! I am so excited that you are making progress. Good job!!